Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Melancholy to Merry

I've been feeling a bit melancholy lately...like Monday-Tuesday-Today. Not sure why...maybe the drizzly, cold, wet-for-three-days syndrome.

So Monday was a shopping day and a luncch with Jadie day. Caleb and I went to Temple around 11am to try to beat the lunch crowd. We browzed through Hobby Lobby for a while until Jadie called to say he could leave for lunch. We enjoyed lunch at Fazoli's. Jadie was really excited to share some deer jerky with me that one of his work buddies had given him. Yummy! After lunch, we ventured over to Ross, Marshall's, Target, and Michael's in hopes of finding some stocking holders that didn't cost an arm and a leg. No such luck...the cheapest I found were $15 each. I'll try to Dollar General later this week.

Tuesday we stayed in all day long. We watched Ratatouille, did only one load of laundry, and well, that's about it. I had coffee with some of my mommy friends at Starbucks at seven. It was a nice time of conversation...funny how we talk about our kids more than anything else.

Today I slept until 9:45 am...I don't know if Caleb sleeps so late because my lazy habits have caused him to sleep later or if he's just always going to be a late sleeper. I'll be praying for him to wake earlier so that I will be forced to do the same...I feel like my whole day is almost gone when I don't get up before 8:30 or 9am.

So here we are...moving from melancholy to merry! I'm going to get something done this afternoon...well, now it's almost evening...

1 comment: