Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Encouraged

As you may have noticed, I recently added a link to Compassion International to the blog. I really believe that we are to do what we can to love others in the name of Jesus, even if it is done a little at a time. We have been donating to Compassion since October 2006 to support the little girl you see here. She is now 4 years old and turns 5 this July. We have seen a picture from the sponsorship packet that we received when we decided to support her a year and a half ago, and have been sending letters, stickers, a map of Texas, and family pictures several times a year. I never expected to receive an updated picture of her!!! Although my heart knows that Compassion does so much for children like her around the world, I was feeling somewhat disconnected from the reality of her life. Seeing her in this picture brought tears to my eyes. I look forward to supporting her for years to come!!! Our Sponsored Child, Her Mother, and Their Pastor in India

2 comments: