Saturday, November 29, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

We've had a full week!  Full of family, full of turkey, and full of blessings.  
We drove to my Granny and PawPaw's on Tuesday night just in time to go to bed!  
On Wednesday, Jadie played golf with PawPaw while Granny and I cooked the afternoon away!  We waited for mom to arrive before we ate a late dinner at The Dinner Bell in town (think small East Texas town).  Yummy!  And the decorations were fun to look at.  Throughout the year, this restaurant is plain jane, wood panelling with next to nothing on the walls.  Around mid-November the owner goes all out decorating for Christmas.  And every year is a different theme.  Absolutely beautiful!
Thursday was, of course, Thanksgiving day with my family.  I had so much to eat, but I paced myself well.  Jadie enjoyed getting Caleb to say "Pukin Cookies" for every member of the family.  That just isn't getting old.  We managed to leave by 5pm, which was later than Jadie had hoped because he was looking forward to watching the UT vs. A&M game at his dad's house.  We made it home in time to watch the second half of the game with his dad.  As you may know, the game went terribly.  Jadie claims that he's a true fan because he keeps hoping for them to play well, even though he knows it's not going to happen.
Friday I ventured to Kohl's for about an hour just for a tablecloth and a candle to give as a gift.  Yes, the line was long and the store was crowded!  We went to lunch with Jadie's dad, Fran, Vanessa and her boys.  In line with the traditional home-cooking of Thanksgiving, we went to Luby's.  It was delicious!  We relaxed for a while when we got home, but then we stepped it up and got to work!  Jadie and I finished painting the living room!  It has been incomplete for over two months, but not anymore!  Jadie really worked fast!
Today we enjoyed Jadie's mom's side of the family with Jadie's grandma, mom, sister, and cousins.  Caleb really enjoyed playing with his cousins.  And I do believe I really enjoyed hosting!  
Jadie has really been, dare I say, cooperative lately.  And I really appreciate his efforts!  I'll have to think of a way to return the favor!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! I can think of a few ways you could repay Jadie the favor...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for finally finishing the painting! you will hopefully love the additions that I am giving you for christmas! i can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete