Friday, February 20, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009

I began creating Jadie's Valentine's present on Tuesday evening.  It would be a decadent chocolate silk pie with cool whip and chocolate shavings.  Yummmmy!  I only read the ingredients list before starting, not the instructions.  To my dismay, I realized that the last step of the recipe was to add 4 eggs, beating the batter 5 minutes between each egg addition.  Then I was to refrigerate the pie for 2 hours.  Notice that there would be no baking of the eggs.  Poor me, I would not be able to devour half of Jadie's chocolate silk pie.  Raw eggs=not a good idea for pregnant women, elderly women, or children under three.  I did take a little nibble and rest assured that I will be making this goody again in about 6 months!

On Friday, we made our way to Wimberley for our church Marriage Retreat.  We stopped at Golfsmith on the way down so that Jadie could try out a golf club he's been eyeing.  We made it Wimberley in time for BBQ dinner catered by Salt Lick BBQ.  Delicious.  

We had our own cabin; it was nice to be alone in he evenings even though we were surrounded by other couples from our church during the day.  

Ironic tidbit: This is the second time we've stayed at a Bed & Breakfast where we had access to a hot tub (this time it was ours exclusively, on our back porch).  And this is the second time I've been pregnant while having access to said hot tubs.  Relaxing in the hot tub is a no-no when you're expecting since it can raise your body temperature for a prolonged period of time and can put the baby in danger.  So for the second time, I watched Jadie oooooh and aaaaah while I sat on the side with my feet in.

The weekend was relaxing in that we were "away from it all" and beneficial in that we were really able to spend some time focusing on our marriage.

1 comment:

  1. A family that plays together stays together! This post was REALLY encouraging to me. Good job, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete