Monday, February 9, 2009

February Has Begun!

Woah, a whole week of February is behind us!  What have we been up to?

1. Baby Freeman has been growing!  I am down to being able to wear only one pair of non-maternity jeans and one pair of non-maternity khakis.  Side note:  It's a good thing I'm not too dramatic.  I tried to wear one of my maternity skirts this morning...one that I wore many times when I was pregnant with Caleb.  Let's just say the view from behind was not pleasant.  Apparently my backside is significantly larger than it was 3 1/2 years ago.  I'll blame that on Caleb...altough I'm not sure that's logical since I've had 3 years to burn off that booty!

2. Caleb and I spent a day in Keller (Friday afternoon-Saturday afternoon).  My good friend from high school was having a birthday party for her oldest, who turned five this week.  That was the reason for going, but we enjoyed every moment of being there.  On Friday, we met my mom (Caleb's Granana) for lunch.  She navigated us to a tiny airport where we could enjoy an incredible hamburger and watch the planes take off and land on the landing strip.  Unfortunately, it was pretty doggone windy, so we only saw one plane in the air while we were there.  But that hamburger sure lived up to mom's praises.

3. Sunday we all went to Temple for a birthday party for the son of one of Jadie's work friends.  We all had a good time.  It's fun to watch Caleb get excited as someone opens the present from him.

This coming Valentine's weekend, we are looking forward to our church Marriage Retreat.  We will be departing Friday around noon for Wimberley, Texas where we will enjoy our bed & breakfast cabin and the fellowship of other couples.  We'll take part in discussion and teaching sessions throughout the day on Saturday.  Mom will be here taking care of Caleb and hopefully enjoying a little time with Kristin!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yay! moms coming! good to hear the potty training is going better. nobody likes wet panties. worst feeling ever. right sis?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, you suck...this is a public blog, you know!

    ReplyDelete