Saturday, January 31, 2009

Why, Why, Why?

I just don't get it...I have a three year old boy, right?  We have been to the inflatables place NUMEROUS times.  My kid refuses to get in/on any of the inflatables!  He will literally spend the ENTIRE time running in circles around the place.  Each time we go, I offer to go in with him or carry him up the stairs to the slide.  He either refuses OR (if he agrees to go) clings to me as though he fears for his life and tears quickly appear.  
Today was no exception.  We hadn't been to Jumping Party in over six months, so I figured that maybe things would be different this time.  We had a birthday party to attend, where he would be familiar with at least three of the other children (who did, by the way, climb all over every single inflatable in the place).  I thought seeing his friends romp all over everything might provide some motivation.  Nope.  He was a happy-go-lucky kiddo as long as you didn't try to push him to get on/in anything.  Once again, Caleb spent over an hour running around the place.  
We won't be having a birthday party there anytime soon.  Maybe when he's thirteen he'll finally decide that inflatables are fun...but then it may be too late to enjoy them without ridicule.

2 comments:

  1. They put Ian in the inflatables at church... an eleven-month old? I was kinda shocked, but they said he loved it... other kids cried, but Ian had the time of his life. Odd how some kids like, some kids don't, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....Caleb!!! I can totally see Oren doing that. For real. Just goes to show that sometimes kids will be kids regardless of the shaping influence the parents are giving.

    ReplyDelete