Wednesday, January 7, 2009

All About Giraffes

So here's the story on the giraffe madness we experienced during Caleb's birthday party this year...

Back in September or October, while I was browsing with Caleb at Tuesday Morning, I saw the cutest little giraffe party invitations.  I thought they would be perfect if I could convince Caleb to go with a safari theme for his birthday party.
Little did I know that three months of recalling his giraffe invitations would turn his whole party into a much narrower theme: Giraffes.  Granana and I did our best.

Here are Nicole and her son Aaron assembling a giraffe puppet. 

Caleb showing off his finished product.
Caleb putting together Oren's giraffe puppet.  Oren didn't really want to help, but he was
 excited to watch the process.
After the puppets, the kids made giraffe printed "binoculars" and hunted for giraffes in the backyard.
Caleb finally found one!
I was pretty proud of my giraffe cake.  I used
 the Wilton Animal Crackers cake pan and the cake decorating techniques that Shannon taught us at a MOPS meeting last year.  

This was perfect timing to catch Caleb's little puffed out cheeks!

Our Guests:

My mom, Linda and my sister, Kristin
Jadie's Grandma
Chris and Junior
Jadie's sister, Vanessa and Jadie's mom, Debbie
DJ, Lillie, Nicole, and Aaron
Jadie
(with our "pin the tail on the giraffe" in the background)
Jadie's dad, Jadie Sr. and Fran
Melanie looking adorable!

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say that your giraffe cake is AWESOME! I'm fretting a little about what to do for Ian's first bday in Feb... make a cake, buy one, do cupcakes. I have not the cake decorating talent that you do. :-)

    ReplyDelete