Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ugly Days

Ugly tummy troubles, ugly hair, nonexistent makeup...this has been my life for the last three days.  I vow to do more tomorrow since I spent all day yesterday and today lying on the sofa bed.  

It began with my last post...Caleb endured some sort of stomach virus.  By Saturday I had a nasty case of the same.  I couldn't keep a thing down.  Not lunch, not crackers, not sprite, not even water.  By 2 am, I woke Jadie to ask him to take me to the ER because I was afraid of becoming dehydrated.  He called his mom, who graciously came over so we wouldn't have to take Caleb along to the ER.  We waited in the ER from 2:45 am until 6:45 am.  Apparently my "problem" put me at the bottom of the priority list and empty beds were constantly being filled by people being brought in by ambulance.  

When I was finally taken to a room, the nurses had a difficult time drawing my blood to run the lab tests they needed.  As I already knew, I have tiny veins which are hard to find with a needle.  When you are dehydrated, your veins shrink, making my problem more intense.  They thought they'd take 5 vials of blood.  They were only able to get one.  

The nurse gave me nausea meds through an IV and then 2 liters of fluids to re-hydrate me.  Since returning home, I just haven't felt right.   I need to get things back to normal!!!

1 comment:

  1. Man, chaquita. I'm so sorry to hear that you still aren't feeling well. That is no bueno. I truly hope you can get on your feet again, soon!

    ReplyDelete