Thursday, May 28, 2009

Rewind--Important Milestone to Document!

Last Monday was Jadie's 30th Birthday!!!

I'm not sure why I didn't mention this at the appropriate time.  It could be because I'm a slacker who wasn't sure what to do for a surprise party or how to get all of his friends involved.  I'm a little better at birthday parties for the under 10 age range.

We celebrated the benchmark birthday by going to dinner with a couple of friends.  Yes, I was too much of a slacker to even be the one to call said friends for this dinner date.  I provided the cake instead.  Teamwork.  That's what a rock solid marriage is about, right?  

We went to Texas Roadhouse, Jadie's favorite restaurant (with Rosati's coming in a close second).  The waitress did hear Caleb announcing that it was Jadie's birthday, but somehow she was wise enough not to bust out the saddle and expect my husband to climb on.  **It might have been a good idea, though, because minutes earlier we witnessed a teenage boy "riding" the saddle quite inappropriately.  Jadie would have provided Caleb with a more appropriate example of how to ride in a saddle.**

So here's the birthday boy blowing out his candles.  We did things quite backwards...I served everyone cake, we ate half of what was on our plates, then we lit the candles and sang "Happy Birthday."  

Amanda and Wilson Mwanza

No comments:

Post a Comment