Friday, July 9, 2010

What a Day!

Thanks to Miss Mary Mac, we've had quite a fun whirlwind of a day today!

We were planning to stay home most of the day wearing our pajamas, with the possibility of a trip to the library, but...we got a phone call this morning asking if we wanted to go to the zoo.  Sure, why not?

We hadn't been to the Cameron Park Zoo in quite a while.  When we got to the gate to pay, I realized that the prices had gone up to $9 for me and $6 for Caleb...$15 for a couple of hours at the zoo.  I opted to purchase the Family Pass instead for $60.  More than I intended to spend today, but as long as we visit the zoo more than 4 times before next July, it will be worth it.

By the way, the zoo has some pretty amazing animal tattoos in the gift shop.  caleb picked out a ferocious looking alligator.
So, the zoo got us pretty sweaty pretty fast.  Or should I say the hot, humid weather got us sweaty pretty fast.  We only visited the tigers, orangutans, gibbons, and the komodo dragon today.  And, of course, the playground.  After only about 45 minutes of walking around in the heavy humidity Mary Mac and I started brainstorming our trip to Chick-fil-A for some free lunch.

Mary Mac and I rushed home, dressed ourselves in all white (and Caleb in brown).  Then, we cut out black splotches and taped them all over ourselves.  I know you may be thinking you'd never do something so silly, but hey...I have to admit that I enjoy being silly from time to time :-)

Here is our finished product. And yes, all 4 of us ate for free.  Chick-fil-A does a Cow Appreciation Day once a year, in July.  All you have to do to receive a free combo meal is to dress up like a cow and come in to the restaurant.  So worth a free meal!

By the way, that awesome green pipe cleaner is Adam's grass.  He loves to get into character.  And his udders are made from one of Mary Mac's toe separators from her pedicure supplies!  She totally outdid me in the creativity department!

P.S. Here's a shout out to fellow blogger Stephanie...I'm so glad I ran into you at Chick-fil-A!  You should sooooooo dress up next year!  Just wear all white to work and tape some spots on when you get to Chick-fil-A.  Totally doable!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Lauren!! I will have to look this up for next summer!


    Mary Mac, it was nice to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete