Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I May Be In Over My Head

Earlier this week, I was able to get Caleb signed up for Mother's Day Out.  He'll start next Tuesday...and he is excited!  When we went in to secure his spot, his teacher was there and he got the chance to see his classroom.  He was right at home!

So today, I bought all the materials to make a nap mat for Caleb.  There's nothing fancy to the process of making it, but I'm way inexperienced with sewing.  I think I'll begin tackling it this evening, but if I get too overwhelmed, I may be dragging my supplies with me to Granny's this weekend and begging her to help me figure out how to get the job done.  I'll try to remember to keep you posted!

By the way, it so was not cheaper to try to make one myself.  Granted, I did have to purchase some supplies that will be used for future sewing projects (if there are any future projects), but even with those expenses taken out, I spent more than if I'd just bought one.  Oh well, you can't put a price on experience, can you?

For anyone who's interested...here is the link to the tutorial I'm attempting to use to make Caleb's nap mat.
Prudent Baby Nap Mat Tutorial

No comments:

Post a Comment