Friday, August 3, 2007

Self-Portraits Stink

Yesterday was a happy day! Caleb and I started out the day with many friends and a caravan to Temple, TX to check out the highly-acclaimed (by other moms) Whistle Stop Park. There were many things for Caleb and friends to explore including a fort-esque maze of play equipment with 5 or 6 slides of all sorts, swings, and my personal not-so-favorite spray arch. Caleb got soaked trying to follow Desmond and Luke's example of drinking from the holes where the water came out. The coolest part for me, I mean Caleb, was that the park is located about 30 yards from train tracks. In the hour and a half that we spent there, at least 4 trains went by and one conductor blew the whistle and waved to me, I mean all the kids.


Later in the afternoon, I had my good friend Karen Rinewalt chop off 5 inches from my beautiful head of hair. But seriously, I needed a new 'do. I have been so lazy with styling my hair lately and so I decided to cut it sort enough that I would pretty much be forced to style it everyday. So, after taking a whopping 12 shots of myself so I could show off my new haircut, I finally decided on 1 that is mildly acceptable. There is the reason I usually point the camera at other people! Drumroll, please......

1 comment: