Thursday, November 29, 2007

What's Been Going On

It's bee a while since I've posted an events post...here goes!

Last Thursday: Thanksgiving Day, spent at my grandparents hosue. Jadie, Kristin, Caleb, and I arrived on Wednesday night. Since we aren't too fond of the 3 hour drive, we alwyas try to get it out of the way. We had a yummy home-cooked breakfast with Granny and PawPaw. Mom arrived somewhere between 9 and 10 am. The rest of the family (Aunt Shirley, Uncle David, Pam, Larry, Uncle Steve, Uncle Clifford, Max and his 2 baby boys) arrived between 11 am and noon. Can we say yummy food?!? My favorite: Sweet Potato Casserole! All Caleb ate was Chex Party Mix and cookies! Thanks everyone!

Last Friday: The drive home in time for Jadie to watch the UT vs. ATM game at 2:30 pm.

Last Saturday: Thanksgiving Dinner with Jadie's Dad and Fran. We went to Cracker Barrel.
Again, so yummy! Exciting event: We left our light on so our battery was dead when we got out to the car (it was rainy and COLD!). Jadie's dad, Fran, Aliene, and Vanessa had already left, so we had to wait a little while in the rain for them to return to give our car a jump. Thank goodness my daddy always taught me to keep a set of jumper cables in the car!

Last Sunday: Thanksgiving with the HORN clan (Jadie's mom's side) at Grandma's house. Caleb loves to see other kids, even if they are all older than him by at least 5 years. We all had a great time, but all Caleb ate was a banana and a cookie. Yikes!

Monday: Jadie's first day of this week-long vacation! Doctor's Appointments for Jadie back-to-back! 10 am Dentist, 12:00 pm Lunch with me and Caleb, 1:30 pm Eye Doctor, 3:30 pm Dentist again for a filling. We had dinner with Bonnie and Steven at BJ's Restaurant and Brewery in Temple. A little overpriced by my standards, but every bite was delicious!

Tuesday: My wonderful sister Kristin babysat Caleb so we could go play a round of golf! I gave up pretty easily since it was only my second attempt ever and Jadie took me to a par 5 this time. Those are some long drives! It takes me somewhere between 4 and 6 strokes just to get to the green!

Wednesday: I spent all day with Miss Bonnie and her kiddos! Jadie and Steven went to play golf and also took care of cutting down a bush at our house and repairing a table at their house. So, Bonnie and I spent the day chasing our kids, talking, and chasing our kids some more. Good times!

Today: Jadie's playing golf with Paul and I'm here relaxing (at least until noon or so)! Who knows what the rest of the day will hold!

1 comment:

  1. You have been busy, girlie. So glad all is well and sounds like you're having a ton of fun this week! Woo-hoo!! On a selfish note, miss you!! :-)

    ReplyDelete