Monday, February 25, 2008

Sick Little Kiddo

We started the weekend off with a very productive Saturday. Jadie caulked and painted sections of the house and finished off painting he shed. Go hubby!!! Jadie's mom and I pulled some weeds, dug up an overgrown bush, killed two garden snakes, saved a frog from the shovel, and pruned our rose bushes.
When Debbie got Caleb up from his nap, he was burning hot, so she took his temperature. 103.5!!! Not to worry, I thought, I'll just take it again. He must have just been hot from sleeping. 104.7 and then 105. Wowzers!!! I called the pediatrician's office and they paged the on-call doctor. I got a call back in about 5 minutes (very prompt, thank you). She asked tons of questions about his symptoms and behavior. Overall, he was acting just like himself, very energetic and still eating and drinking and peeing well. He is only exhibiting a cough and very persistent runny nose and the fever. So, she recommended Children's Motrin for the fever and just letting this run its course. He did lose the fever Saturday night, but it returned at 100.5 Sunday morning and again at 100 this morning. I am not at all a patient mother when it comes to staying home for days on end. We'll see how this goes...I think I can at least make it today and possibly tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment