Saturday, February 9, 2008

Wonderful Weather Makes For...

...a very productive day of working in and around the house. Jadie had a chiropractor appointment this morning (AGAIN), and I had breakfast ready when he got home. Breakfast is his favorite meal, in case you're taking notes. After breakfast, I did some laundry, vacuumed the house and cleaned the oven. All very exciting chores. Around one o'clock this afternoon, we began doing some work outside. I am totally surprised at how much can be accomplished! I finished taking the Christmas lights out of the bushes (yes, I know it's mid-February) , I pruned a crepe myrtle by the garage, Jadie installed/replaced 3 sets of outdoor floodlights, I swept out the garage, and Jadie is weather-stripping the shed in the back yard. It feels quite nice to get some things done. And even nicer to enjoy the weather outside!

I'll finish off by saying that we had a good time on our "date" last night. I thank God for churches who minister to couples by providing "Parent's Night Out" opportunities once a month! So, we were able to drop off Caleb at around 6:15 and we headed out to Texas Roadhouse for steaks. Yumm-O! Afterwards, we tried to go check out the MacBooks at Best Buy, but it seems that they do not stock them in-store (although they do sell them online). That was a waste of time. But we did do a little more browsing at Ross, which was much more productive. I have been keeping an eye out for some black heels since I outgrew mine when I got pregnant (and my feet never returned to pre-pregnancy size). Over 2 years later, Viola! I found a pair that fit, and more importantly, a pair I actually like!

1 comment: