Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mom's in Town!

This weekend has been a good one!  Jadie's been out of town, but I've had plenty of company!  Friday night the Fondren's invited Caleb and me over to their house for dinner.  We had a great time!  I got to know Anne a lot better and we talked for quite a while about all of our hobbies and "projects."  We seem to have quite a bit in common!
Yesterday morning, mom drove in and we enjoyed lunch together and a trip to Hobby Lobby for some 50% off beads.  I'm excited about what I can make with them!
Last night, we ventured out to West to the Kaska Family Farm for some simple fun.  Kristin and I competed in duck races by pumping water out of old-fashioned water pumps.  Caleb played in a "Corn Box," filling up dump trucks with corn kernels and burying his legs under the piles of corn.  We attempted the "Corn Maize," but it started getting dark, so we went back out the way we came instead of continuing to get more and more lost.  We'll probably head out there again since they didn't have their pumpkin patch ready yet and also because Jadie would like to try out the "Corn Maize."
Today is Christopher's birthday party, so we plan to go to Vanessa's to celebrate with family.

Have a good week, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you had a good weekend with your mom. Call us if you need ANYTHING!

    ReplyDelete