Monday, September 8, 2008

This One Might Be a Little Too Personal

After a 6 day hiatus, my period returned today.  By 6 day hiatus, I mean that I was six days late.  Since we are entertaining the idea and trying with moderate enthusiasm to conceive a second child, this was a bit of an emotional build up and sudden let down for me.  No major tears or feelings of hopelessness.  We'll just try again this month, and next month, and the month after that.  
The OB/GYN says it's perfectly normal for this process to take over a year.  He also told me that it was also normal to get frustrated or disappointed after a few months.  For now, I'm content let things pan out according to God's plan, but I definitely caught a tiny glimpse of the disappointment many feel as they discover that they are not pregnant, AGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment