Monday, October 13, 2008

Refreshing

We spent the weekend as a family among other families from our Sunday school class.  A group of us (20 adults with 10 children) drove to Giddings, TX to stay the weekend at Camp Tejas for some much needed rest and relaxation as well as for some time to seek God's guidance about how to create the kind of community He desires for us as a group.  We studied passages about unity and examples of the church living as a community.  Specifically, we studied Acts chapters 2 and 4.
Although the talks about unity were fruitful and meaningful for me in terms of my interactions with this particular group of believers, my favorite thing about the weekend was the perfect balance of time spent with Jadie, with friends, with God, and the balance of time to worship, pray, serve, and just be.  We helped serve meals from the kitchen to all of the hundred or so people there this past weekend.  We organized maintenance supplies in 5 huge trailers at the back of the property.  We stayed up late playing Apples to Apples.  We went to bed at 9pm on Saturday night.  We spent time praising our God in song.  We harnessed up to ride a zip line.  Jadie did it for the first time!  His comment just before scooching off the edge was, "This is a lot higher than a telephone pole."  Jadie even got in a game of basketball.
PERFECTION!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, girl. Sad to say that I've been so self-absorbed that I had NO IDEA what you did this weekend. So, I publically apologize for me self-centeredness. Thank you for allowing me to be so with out judging and available to lend a helping hand. You're amazing and I love you. I'm SO GLAD to hear about the perfect weekend. You guys needed it and deserved it.

    ReplyDelete