Sunday, September 20, 2009

Get Out The Kleenex

I needed the Kleenex at church this morning for baby Charis' dedication.  This prayer was read aloud.  As I opened my eyes and looked around, I discovered that I wasn't the only one wiping my eyes!

May God grant you peace in the midst of a storm
May God give you strength even when you're forlorn
May you answer the door when Jesus comes knocking
May wisdom guide you when your mouth is talking
May discretion protect you and keep you pure
May you never stumble or fall for a lure
May your heart remain humble to the very end
May uprightness and truth be what you defend
May the world not ensnare or change who you are
May the light that's within you shine like the stars  
May angels surround you body, spirit, mind  
May favor and peace be yours to find  
May rejection and pain never reach you  
May your spirit grow bold for what you're called to
As you rest in Gods care I will rest too  
Knowing that Jesus is watching over you  
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment