Friday, October 30, 2009

Necessary Evil

I don't think I've mentioned this on the blog yet, but we've been having some tough times as a family. Nothing internal...just the external necessity of a JOB. As I look at the calendar, I can tell you with complete accuracy, that Jadie has worked 32 out of the last 33 days. And I mean weekends and all. Not pleasant. We are really starting to miss our family time. Or rather, we've been missing it for an entire month.
He has been very gracious to continue to do family things, like a date with me a few weeks ago when my mom was in town. And a trip to the HOT Rodeo to watch Mutton Bustin', Steer Ropin', and Bull Ridin'. And our church's Fall Festival this past Wednesday. But this schedule of 10 hour days, 7 days a week has taken a toll. Poor Jadie is irritable and straight up worn out! This Sunday he'll finally get a day off. And hopefully, if it really doesn't rain here at all next week (like the weather station predicts), he'll be done with this non-stop work nonsense! Sheesh!

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel. Robert works 7 days a week; often 15-17 hour days as a coach. I need to start being more appreciative and stop asking him to do things when he gets home.

    ReplyDelete