Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Random Info

As the parent of a little boy, I have dreaded the purchase of batteries on many occasions. I tend to purchase wither Rayovac batteries or the HEB store brand batteries.

I recently purchased four Bob the Builder toys for Caleb at our local Just Between Friends sale, which is a twice a year children's consignment sale. I thought Caleb would enjoy them since he enjoys the two BTB videos he has. After only a few minutes of playing with his new toys, Caleb discovered that they have buttons to press for voice effects. Great. I was sure batteries would be required. I unscrewed the battery cover and discovered the toys required disc-like batteries. I priced them at Wal-Mart...$5.67 for three batteries. Each toy requires three batteries. So, new batteries would cost $22.68. I decided that this was not happening, so I told Caleb he'd have to make his own voices for Scoop, Muck, Dizzy, and Lofty.

Then I made a trip to the Dollar Tree for something else. I didn't find what I was looking for, but I passed by a battery display before leaving the store. I spotted disc-like batteries. Could this be for real? Could I really get a package of three batteries for just $1? No, but I was able to pick up eight batteries for $1. No joke. The exact batteries I needed, for all four toys, for under $2! Take note and remember this information!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a battery snob. It's pretty noticeable to me how long the cheap batteries last compared to the "name brand" kind. Ian has a music box on his crib that he plays every night and nap, so Rayovac would last us about a week... Duracell lasts us a month. That's my two cents. I would use the cheapies on a toy he didn't play with often, though. But disc like batteries, who's heard of those?

    ReplyDelete