Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving: No Pictures


This year's Thanksgiving was kind of a drag.  Don't get me wrong, it could've been great.  We had three family get-togethers to attend.  And I did attend them all.

Thank goodness all I was responsible for were chocolate chip cookies and corn.  Easy Peasy.   Getting the kids rounded up while dealing with complicated food items would have been less than desirable.

So why do I sound so negative?  Because my strong, handsome husband has been weak, puny and sporting bed-head for the last four days.  Apparently an infection caused by a virus decided to take up residence in his body, knockng him out of commission for a while.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
We were motivated enough to get on the road for my grandparents house Tuesday evening after Jadie had worked all day.  He drove to Corsicana and I drove the rest of the way to Van.  Things were looking alright except for a splitting headache that Jadie just couldn't shake.  He woke up Wednesday morning with more of the same and congestion had joined the list of his symptoms.  I ventured out to the local Brookshire's for some allergy meds and some Simply Saline, hoping those would do the trick.  No dice.  Jadie stayed in the bed the rest of the day and then through Thanksgiving Day.  Then I had the pleasure of driving the entire way home while Jadie continued coughing and complaining of a headache.

Friday morning I did some Black Friday shopping at Walgreens and CVS.  I know, I'm so adventurous and trendy!  I baked four dozen cookies for Thanksgiving with Jadie's dad.  Dinner was great: Brisket, Potato Salad, Baked Beans, and Rolls.

Today we had Thanksgiving with Jadie's mom.  She can whip up quite the meal!  We enjoyed turkey, mashed potatoes, rolls, dressing, cranberry sauce, corn, green bean casserole, and sweet tea! Yummy!

Jadie is moving around quite a bit more today, but I can tell that he's feeling terrible still.  Hopefully his Z-Pack will get him back to normal by Monday!

1 comment: