Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Rainbow Cookies

I've been known to grow a wild hair or two...and attempt things I've seen on the internet.

Today is one such example.

While they turned out pretty and the colors are so vibrant, I will probably not be trying to make these again. The process was tedious and loooooooong.

I made the sugar cookie dough last night, divided it into 6 Ziploc bags, refrigerated it overnight, and added the coloring this morning. The coloring process was lengthy since the dough was less than malleable and kept sticking to the inside of the bags. Perhaps I should've added the coloring last night before refrigerating it. Hmmmm.....

Then I rolled each color into a "snake" and flattened it out onto the baking sheet, making a large rainbow rectangle. I cut the rectangle into strips before baking. I did my best to squish the colors together tightly so that after cutting and baking the rainbow sticks, they would stay together. No such luck. Some of the finished rainbow cookies came apart, creating 6 small brightly colored cookies. Oh, well. The rainbow cookies excited Caleb and gave me a creative outlet for the day.


I used THIS sugar cookie recipe from allrecipes.com, and loosely followed THESE instructions to create our masterpiece.

On to new things tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment