Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Glimpse

This one is really hard to explain, but I want to document it nonetheless.

Last night I was giving the kids a bath after they had been playing in the sandbox outside.  Praise the Lord for beautiful weather, by the way.  As they were standing in the tub, I became inexplicably overwhelmed at the sight of my two children.  Nothing extra special was happening.  I was just in awe of the work of the Creator.  He creates perfectly.  He creates with such care.  He allows me to be a part of the process.

All of a sudden, I became incredibly appreciative that God has allowed me to birth, love, teach, and witness these two lives.  And then came the realization that there will soon be a third little body using that very bathtub.

Blessed for a third time.  Challenged for a third time.  Sustained through a third pregnancy.  Lord willing, we will welcome a third child into this world in early October.

So, there you have it.  Several of you already know.  Several of you are hearing this for the first time.  I ask each of you to join us in praying for the growth, development, and overall health of this child I cannot even detect yet.  May God receive all the glory for his work in our lives.

7 comments:

  1. What a precious post! Congratulations friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, CONGRATULATIONS!!

    Second, I get those same feelings, nothing special happening, just life and it makes me realize just how big of a miracle they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news! We are very happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! So happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! What an amazing blessing! 5 months in and I already have those crazy moments of just being awe struck that the Lord blessed me (undeserving, often unappreciative, imperfect) ME with this amazing child. Then I feel compelled to remind myself not to do anything to mess her up for life, because right now, she is perfect and awesome! Completely mine and not mine at all....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited that your family is growing! Your children are so special to me and I am excited to share this time with you!!! Can't wait to cuddle your new little one very soon :)

    ReplyDelete