Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wintry Mix Day

Some days, the decisions facing a mother don't seem to have a clear answer.

The weather was forecasted to be rainy, then freezing temps, then sleet, then continued freezing through tomorrow morning.  The schools directly around us have not closed, but just about everyone else has.

I finally made the decision for the kids and I take another day off from everything.  We're not really running all over the city on any given day, but what I mean is that we are staying home today and not going ANYWHERE.

That decision did not come quickly.  Today is our Bible Study Fellowship class.  My teaching partner had already called and left text messages telling me she would not be there because her son was running fever.  Jadie had already left for work (with a bag pack in case he needs to stay the night in the store room at work).

I decided that we would leave right after class this morning, and not stay for recorded lecture time.

I got the kids dressed and fed and we started driving.  The roads didn't seem to be slippery or icy, but they were frosty.  About 5 minutes into my drive, Jadie called to tell me he had already seen a car turned over on its side.  The mist from the road was freezing on my windshield and I was approaching the portion of my journey that contained bridges.  I took Jadie's advice and turned the car around to head home.

And thats where we are for the rest of the day.  It's PB&J and nachos for lunch today.

Y'all stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment