Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spring Mantle

For the spring mantle, I used a lot of things I already had, but there were a few things I just couldn't resist adding to the mix.

1. Images:  Just as with the pictures from the Christmas and Valentine's mantles, I printed images from the internet and simply matted them with scrapbook paper and framed them.  The butterfly image is actually taped right onto the glass of the large frame, covering our engagement photo.
2. Art: The Bubble Art in the dead center is Caleb's Craft from this week.  I just made sure that we used pastel colors to go with the spring themed mantle.  The giant, brightly colored Easter egg was painted by yours truly.  A gallery worthy effort, I assure you.
3. White Ceramic Bird: 50% off at Michael's this week.  I paid $3.50 for her.
4. Yellow Candle: A gift that had been hanging out in the bathroom.  I simply relocated it.
5. Pregnant Willow Tree Figurine:  Already had it.  It was a gift from my first pregnancy.  You know, when I was toting Caleb around in my uterus.  Fun times.
6. White Vase: Actually not a vase, but a juice bottle I picked up at Marshall's almost a year ago.  It's been in the kitchen cabinet since I brought it home...unused.
7. Cherry Tree Branches: 40% off at Michael's this week.  I paid $6.00 for them.  Silk and indestructible.
8. Praying Angel Willow Tree Figurine: Already had it.  A gift from I can't remember.  Oops.
9. Dark Brown Iron Cross: Already had it.  And it's been seen in a few previous mantles as well.

Although this season is a fun time for Easter Eggs Hunts and lies about the Easter Bunny, I strive to teach my children the true meaning of Easter, or Resurrection Sunday.  There is nothing more important than the truth that our dear Savior rose from the grave on the third day and sits at the right hand of God this very day, interceding on our behalf.



2 comments: