Friday, April 15, 2011

And The Rest...

Although my little story came to an abrupt end, the trip did not.  Here's what else happened...

Tuesday evening, Mom went on to her Bible Study so the kids and I went to IHOP for dinner.  Kids eat FREE from 4-10 pm every night in April.  Yipee!

Wednesday morning I wanted to head home, so Mom and I made a quick trip to Wal-Mart to complete my paper organization seminar.  What?  I didn't tell you that I am an organizing expert.  No?  Well, that's because I'm not.  I just have a few ideas.  And generally my paperwork at home is organized.  Catch the more detailed story below.

Wednesday afternoon, Mom and I drove separately to Ft. Worth to have lunch with Kristin.  It was 1:30 or so.  She recommended a local Mexican restaurant.  It turned out to be a seafood/Mexican restaurant.  Loved it!

I made it home around 4pm on Wednesday.  I was pooped!


Paperwork Organization Tips
So, I gave mom a few tips to wrangle her paperwork.
Accordion File for Receipts
I file them alphabetically until the date for return is passed.
File Box with Hanging Files
Categories such as Monthly Bills, 401(k), Home Repairs, Car Insurance, Homeowner's Insurance, etc.
Stacking Trays
This is the work in progress section.  I label 4 trays this way: 1. To Do (things like invitations or things you just aren't sure what the heck to do with) 2. To Pay (bills, etc.) 3. To File (with the stacking tray, it really limits you so that you don't end up with stacks and stacks of unfiled paperwork) 4. To Shred (same thing here.  no major pileup.  when it's full, shred it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment