Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Announcing the Name of Baby #3

NORAH ELIZABETH

Finally!!!!

We've decided on a name for Baby #3.  I know, you've all been holding your collective breaths...and I'm sure I've thrown plenty of confusion into the mix by changing my mind every few days.  That's why I haven't updated the blog with any discussion of names...because I just could NOT decide!

I was originally thinking about Leah, and I even had both kids saying it for a week or so.  But then I googled the meaning of Leah.  And although I still think Leah is an incredibly beautiful name, I wasn't exactly thrilled with it's connotation: Weary.

I was also considering Ellie.  Such a cute name.  But I hesitated to make her first name Ellie, thinking she may want a more mature name in the future.

I started searching again...and I was able to meet 2 of the 3 criteria I was aiming for all along.  I was hoping for a name that 1)was in the Bible, 2)was a soft, sweet name...you know, not harsh or flashy, and 3)was 5 letters long.  I know, who picks a name by the number of letters?  I do.

And so, we have settled on...

Norah- means Light

Elizabeth (middle name)- Consecrated to God
We'll possibly be calling her Ellie, because I think it's just so darn cute.  And we'll shorten Elizabeth to Beth when we call her by her first and middle name.

So, from now on, we'll be referring to her as Norah Beth...unless of course "she" turns out to be a boy...

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Classic, mysterious, and gentle! Oh, I do! I just love it! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete