Friday, September 16, 2011

Baby #3: 37 weeks


Can you even believe it?  


3 more weeks until my due date?


UPDATE
***My BP today was 130/80 and I'm still at 3-4 cm dilated as well as 75% thinned.  We're staying pretty steady.  I did bring up the induction conversation, just for the sake of Jadie scheduling vacation.  We decided that we'd try to wait until 39 weeks as long as my BP holds where it is.  Norah is measuring 35 weeks and the doc said she's got her head really buried low.  That's a good thing for delivery, but it also explains why I sometimes feel like she could just fall right out!*** I have a doctor's appointment for a check in about an hour.  Maybe I'll remember to let you know how it goes.  By the way, I was dilated to a 3 and 75% thinned at last Tuesday's appointment.  You can tell how good I was at sharing that.  So, don't get your hopes up about an update after today's appointment.


I'm feeling pretty good, but my clothing choices are dwindling.  I'm much more comfortable at night; praise the Lord for hearing my prayers and answering with relief from pain and soreness during the night hours.


We've been praying for God's timing with Norah's arrival as well as a quick and pain-free delivery (or as painless as possible).  Sounds crazy, but God tells us to ask in the name of the Savior.  We trust that he will take care of all of the details and we'll have a sweet baby girl and a recovering mommy in no time.


Here's what Baby Center says about this week:

Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)
Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment