Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Wet Paint

I've been busy painting...the kids' rooms.

I wanted to do a switcheroo since Caleb's room was a bit larger then the girls' room and I figured that they would need more space than him.

Man!  It's tough to finagle 2 rooms worth of furniture and manage painting in the process.

First, I moved all of Caleb's furniture to the center of his room.  Jadie then patched an endless number of nail holes and a few chunks that Caleb had taken out of the walls over the last few years.  He then changed every last electrical outlet in the room from a regular outlet into a tamper resistant outlet.  Then I finally started painting.  My friend Amanda and I selected "Jamaica Bay" for the girls.  It took me two days to cut in with a brush and roll the walls.

Then I tortured Jadie by having him switch the furniture from one room to another.

Two weeks later, I moved Caleb's furniture to the middle of his new room so I could patch various nail holes and get started painting.  Again, I knocked out the paint job in just two days.  Not bad for working alone with a two year old and a newborn in the house!

I don't have room pictures ready yet, but I do have a couple of photos of the paint colors I selected.  Now you can wait in suspense.  I know you will.


  
As you can tell, this photo is a little off-color.  That's supposed to be a rich, dusty blue.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, we hated painting the boys' rooms. We were SORE afterward! But love having the color... can't wait to see the room pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately our camera is malfunctioning. I dropped it and now it won't focus. All our pictures are turning out blurry :-(

    Who knows when I'll be able to take pictures!

    ReplyDelete