Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Bonnie Becomes More Like Herself :-)

We got back to Waco around 7:00 Sunday night after our 5 days in Akron, OH to visit Steven and Bonnie. We also spent Sunday afternoon in Keller visiting with my mom, Kristin, Aunt Barbara and counsins Melinda and Teri. We enjoyed some yummy TEXAS Barbecue at Spring Creek. My personal fav is the BBQ Baked Potato...MMMMM!!!
Since I like to use tools to help me keep my thoughts organized, I will give you a schedule of what happeded on our adventure.
Wednesday, Oct 17-- Bonnie's Birthday!!!
12:00 pm: Our plane landed in Cleveland, we rented a Jeep Grand Cherokee :-)
2:00 pm: Trip to Wal-Mart for Bonnie's cookie cake and diapers (so we didn't have to pack as many)
3:00 pm: Birthday Celebration at the hospital. Bonnie got 2 Chick-fil-A gift cards, an Ohio State T-shirt, an Ohio State musical pen, and an Ohio State T-shirt Pom-Pon (Dave Matthews would be so proud!)
Thursday, Oct 18
1:00 pm: Visiting with Bonnie (this is when I took the first 3 picutes you see below)
3:00 pm: Bonnie's Surgery to remove all of the metal from her arm (rods in upper arm, fixators at the elbow, and a hook-like thing on her elbow)
4:30 pm: Bonnie comes out of surgery with no more metal sticking out of her arm!
Friday, Oct 19
9:30 am: Bonnie took her first steps!!!
1:00 pm: Jadie, Steven, Caleb and I went to the Pro Football Hall of Fame
3:30 pm: Jadie, Steven, Caleb and I hiked the trails at the Gorge Metro Park and took pictures of the spot where Bonnie fell. It was obvious why she and Steven had visited the park.
5:00 pm: We visited Bonnie in the hospital
9:00 pm: I got to spend the night with Bonnie (I slept in the uncomfortable recliner and we stayed up until 1:30am)
Saturday, Oct 20
7:30 am: Bonnie had her physical therapy time. She walked 4 times (20-30 steps each time) and did several exercises for her legs. I played balloon volleyball with her to help test her balance.
10:00 am: I left the hospital to get some sleep and a shower; Jadie and Steven played golf
4:00 pm: Jadie, Caleb and I went to an Amish Wildlife Park to celebrate Brady's 7th birthday (Brady is Steven's cousin's son)
7:00 pm: Texas Roadhouse in Stow, OH to celebrate Brady's birthday (some more)
9:00 pm: We visited Bonnie in the hospital and said our goodbyes
Sunday, Oct 21
6:00 am: Our plane left Cleveland, OH
8:45 am: We landed at DFW
1:00 pm: We had lunch at Spring Creek with family
7:00 pm: We returned to our HOME-SWEET-HOME!


Bonnie Before Surgery




Bonnie After Surgery, Experiencing Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment