Sunday, June 22, 2008

Five Glorious Years

What colorful language!  And it's mostly true.  We've had many marvelous, glorious, and truly wonderful moments in our five years as Mr. and Mrs. Freeman.  But to keep it honest, we've had some tough times too.  

2001--Jadie and I met on a blind date
2002--Jadie proposed!
2003--I graduated from Baylor and we got married!
2004--I got a teaching job, we bought our house, and Jadie lost his grandpa
2005--We became pregnant, I got an office job (so much for teaching), and Caleb was born!
2006--I quit my job to stay home and Kristin spent six months in Thailand (the point is that I missed her, but I'm glad she went)
2007--We almost lost a good friend (praise God for Bonnie's life!) and I lost my dad

I thank God for always having us surrounded with friends and family who share unconditional love and support through both the joyous times and the low and empty times too.

I tought I'd dig up a few things for you to enjoy.  Of course it doesn't hurt that I love looking back through old photos.  Maybe they're not that old, but they certainly weren't taken yesterday!  Here's for some nostalgia: 


June 21, 2003
First Baptist Church of Keller, Texas


The Wedding Party
**left to right and bottom to top**

Where they are now...
Blake (best man and Jadie's best friend)--celebrated five years married to Abbie on June 7th
Kristin (maid of honor and my sister)--starting grad school in August
Naomi--living in Chicago and finishing up Dental school
Andrew--proud father of two sons
Lance C.--around here somewhere
Beau--celebrated three years married to Tiffany in August of this year
Amanda--will soon be returning to her "real" home after spending six months in Houston standing by her husband (of three years) as he battles cancer...99% cancer-free last I heard...praise God!
Eric--firefighter in Central Texas
Lance J.--celebrates three years married to Stephanie in May of this year
Scott--managing a branch of United Rentals in Oklahoma and celebrating one year married to Stephanie this September
Nicole--celebrating five years married to DJ in July and proud mom to two beautiful children



2 comments:

  1. Aww!!! Happy Sweet 5 YEARS!! YEA!!! Great pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 5th! I remember that day! After the wedding, I went back to the Kohls I found before the wedding when I was killing time because I was so early.

    ReplyDelete