Monday, June 30, 2008

Visit From Mom

My mom drove in from Ft Worth and arrived shortly after noon on Saturday.  I, displaying my meticulous qualities, had planned meals for lunch and dinner.  And so, I had recruited Kristin to arrive before lunch to help with the Tortilla Soup.  They both seemed to enjoy it, but what's important is that it's my favorite soup ever.  It even tops one of my other all-time favorites, Broccoli Cheddar Soup (from McAllister's Deli).

Kristin and I, as usual, didn't really have anything exciting planned for us to do.  We ended up heading over to Kohl's because Mom and Kristin had both been recently and said that they were having a really good clearance sale.  Mom went off on her own with Caleb and we couldn't find her.  So, Kristin and I spent a long time picking through the women's clearance section.  She ended up with five tops, and spent only $20!  I got six tops for $30.  Later that evening, we rented Mad Money and devoured Cinda's yummy "Saturday Night Supper," which was basically an Italian casserole with ground turkey, pasta shells, tomato sauce, cheese, and vegetables.

On Sunday, Mom went to Sunday school and church with me and then we picked up Kristin and ate lunch at the Elite Circle Grille.  Good choice, Kristin.  Mom stayed around at our hosue through dinner, and finally headed home around eight.  

As always, no matter what our plans are, I enjoyed moms company and can't wait until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment