Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thankful

Healing.

Sarah's been sick this week.  I mean she couldn't keep a thing down.  It started Sunday morning when I found her in her crib, covered in nastiness.  At the time I assumed that she had simply started gagging because of congestion.  So we went on to Sunday school at church.  Then we bolted from church to go to the service across town so we could be there when Jadie's cousin, Paul, was baptized.  So, Sarah was in childcare at two different churches on Sunday.  Oops.

She didn't eat much Sunday, but I figured she was better Monday morning because she ate a hearty breakfast and was acting normal.  That was not the case.  As I was getting ready in my bathroom, Sarah played in the floor.  With about 20 minutes left before we were supposed to leave, Sarah's entire breakfast made its way onto our bathroom rug.  I guess she wasn't done being sick.  Was she actually sick?  A stomach bug?

Sarah was totally pathetic for the rest of the day.  She slept.  A lot.  She cuddled.  She lay on the floor.  She slept some more.

Tuesday, I thought things might be looking up.  She drank some apple juice and ate some animal crackers for breakfast.  We got dressed and took Caleb to Mother's Day Out.  Sarah and I went to the mall so I could get my wedding ring inspected.  The stores didn't open for another 45 minutes, so we walked down to Chick-fil-A for breakfast (for me).  I gave Sarah the tiniest piece of my biscuit and she started gagging.  Disaster in the mall food court.  Awesome.

Needless to say, we went home immediately and stayed there the rest of the day except for the time it took to pick up Caleb from Mother's Day Out.  I talked to Mom about what in the world to do about Sarah.  She suggested boiling some potatoes for her.  That did the trick.  Sarah was so famished that she ate them all up.  And we've been cautiously adding foods back in since then.

Thank you, God, for healing our Sarah.  Thank you for a mother who knows just what to do.

1 comment: