Saturday, December 18, 2010

Hand of God

Let's see if I can tell this in an easy-to-understand kind of way...

The other day, after I put the kids to bed, Caleb had gotten out of his bed for the 3rd time.  He had come to find me in the bedroom.  I was frustrated at his 3rd attempt to avoid going to sleep, so I started (really) yelling at him.

After only a few seconds of using my "stern voice,"  I felt three short taps in the middle of my back.  For real.  So real that I turned around to see who had tapped me in the back.

I thought maybe Jadie had come home early (he was across town playing basketball).  No.  No one was there.  At least not visibly, anyway.

I heard the Holy Spirit tell me to control myself.  "In your anger do not sin." Ephesians 4:26  The Scripture was not going through my head at the time, but it's hte gist of what I heard the Holy Spirit say to me that night.

I went back into Caleb's room to apologize for my angry words and to explain why I had become to exasperated.  I made sure to love on him before leaving his room for the night.
I cannot recall a time in my life when God has made himself so physically present with me.  I couldn't see Him, but I felt him without a doubt!

No comments:

Post a Comment