Saturday, July 16, 2011

Baby #3: 28 Weeks


How I'm feeling:

Well, I'm not sure if it's related to pregnancy or just a stomach bug, but I've been sick twice in the last week.  I cannot stand vomit.  I will put it off for hours in hopes that it will pass.  But alas, I've faced my nemesis twice recently.   Ugh.  

As far as my baby-related growth, I think my legs and hiney have been a little more aggressive in growing than the belly itself.  Grrr.  

In other news, my glucose levels were a little high during the glucose test this time.  The OB wants levels below 150 mg/dL, but mine was 159 mg/dL.  I was NOT wanting to do the 3 hour glucose test, so the OB negotiated with me, allowing me to go in for a single, fasting blood draw.  If that is high, then he'll treat me as though I have gestational diabetes.  If not, we'll go on as normal.  

3 more months...12 more weeks until full term.  I'm counting on 2 weeks early, so only 10 more weeks in that case.  :-)

Blood pressure has been normal thus far.  Praying it stays that way!


Baby Center says:

By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

No comments:

Post a Comment