Saturday, March 8, 2008

Hunkered Down at Home

Jadie spent a painful 2 1/2 days in the hospital, the surgery was a success! As the doctor predicted, Jadie's leg pain was immediately alleviated. The trade off, however, was that he's in a great deal of pain at the incision site. I tried to take a picture, but 1. I couldn't get a clear picture, 2. I figured most people wouldn't really want to see the 8 staples anyway. On Tuesday, he was pretty loopy, very nauseous, and couldn't keep food down or keep his pain in check. The doctor kept changing his pain meds to try to relieve his nausea. By Wednesday, he was able to eat normal food and keep it down, but they still kept him another night to make sure they could get the pain under control. Thursday we came home! I helped Jadie take his first shower since Monday night because he can't bend or twist at all. We had a couple of friends bring over Bush's and share a meal with us. She had insisted on bringing a meal because her husband had surgery last June and she remembered how much she needed help at that time. For now, I think I have meals under control for at least another week; I stocked up on groceries on Monday night before our trek to the hospital Tuesday morning.
Friday morning it snowed while we were sleeping and this is what we awoke to find in the backyard...

2 comments:

  1. Great update and pic. Thanks for keeping us in the know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8 Staples... Wow that is a real surgery. I hope that by today Jadie is feeling a little better. We have been thinking of you guy's!
    The Butcher's

    ReplyDelete