Monday, March 24, 2008

I Miss My Dad Today

It's not that I don't miss my dad everyday. I think that I experience varied levels of awareness of how much I miss him and varied levels of emotional depth with which I feel the longing for his company. I would really like to still be able to see him in the flesh and be able to talk to him.

What I really mean is that I missed him today for a specific reason. Not a very important reason; I just wanted to call him up and ask him some questions about how in the heck to get rid of these annoying weeds in our back yard. I flashed back to the front yard we played in when my sister and I were little. I have memories of doing cartwheels in the St. Augustine grass and climbing the tree as well. I don't have a visual of there being any weeds in the front yard. How did he do that? Or have I deleted the weeds from my memory? Anyway. That's basically the conversation that I was longing for today. Just a normal everyday conversation about life (or at least the life of our lawn).

No comments:

Post a Comment