Monday, July 14, 2008

Boxers or Briefs?

How about boxer briefs?  In a size 2T, they are the cutest little pair of undies I've ever seen!

Granana has been gently nudging me toward a faster pace in potty training.  She has been very sensitive to my wishes, but always makes sure it is a topic of conversation each time she visits.  She was the one to introduce the potty chair into our home.  She was the first to buy Caleb big boy underwear.  

During our MOPS mom dinner on Saturday night, I brought up the question, "How in the world and when in the world do I really buckle down and begin trying to get Caleb to use the potty?"  All four of us at dinner have at least one boy, and two of the other moms have boys that are recently potty trained.  Their consensus was that I should put him in regular underwear (not diapers, Pull-ups, or even training pants) because once he's wet or dirty in those, it's going to be uncomfortable for him.  That had seemed to be a motivator for their children.

I have been asking Caleb for months to use the potty and he is capable and occasionally willing.  But he NEVER initiates the process.  Today I'm going to try the big boy underwear to see if it motivates him at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment