Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sticky Fingers

NO, this post isn't about Caleb playing the syrup or glue.  In fact, it isn't about Caleb at all.

This post is about an anonymous person who apparently has little or no sense of proper ethics.  You see, I was checking our bank account online this morning.  Fortunately for us, this is a habit of mine.  What I came across when I looked at our transactions was not a pretty sight!  In 5 days, someone had debited our account in excess of $400!  

If you ask me, the person probably isn't that bright though.  They didn't buy gas or clothes or food, which would be almost untraceable; they paid bills, or at least that's what it seems like.  The largest charge was for $370 on an insurance policy.  I would think that would be pretty traceable!  They also paid for phone service and made two other small transactions.  

Of course, I'm filing a fraud claim and we'll be reimbursed for what's already been taken, but we had to cancel Jadie's debit card, which will take a while to replace.  Annoying!

The ironic part?  Jadie uses his debit card far less than I use mine.  I would think that my card would run the higher risk of being stolen.  And even though the charges originate from his card number, the actual card is still in his wallet!


1 comment:

  1. What a crazy money week! What with fraud and roof stuff?? Yuck, huh?? At least all of it might not have to truly be paid for, right?

    ReplyDelete