Monday, July 14, 2008

This Past Weekend

No, the creative title juices are not flowing today.
Mom came to town on Friday to look at a house.  She's not sure when or if she'll be ready to move.  She's eligible for retirement in November and says she wouldn't move from her house any sooner than January, but she's also pretty comfortable waiting another year, or two, or three before she retires and hopefully heads to Central Texas.  She's considering the state of the economy as well as the difficulty of going through things at the house.  She stuck around all weekend, which we always LOVE!!!
Friday night, she baked some yummy chocolate chip cookies while I made fajitas.  Since Kristin was working, Jadie, Caleb, Mom, and I enjoyed dinner together.  After dinner, we watched one of my all-time favorites, 8 Seconds, with Luke Perry and Steven Baldwin.  If you haven't seen it and you like cowboys, you're missing out!
Saturday morning, Jadie went off to play a round of golf with friends.  Mom and I dropped Caleb off with Jadie's mom so we could enjoy lunch by ourselves.  That was a nice treat!  
Saturday evening Jadie and I had a family baby shower/potluck dinner to attend.  Afterwards, Jadie kept Caleb while I enjoyed a nice cold Dr Pepper with some friends from my MOPS group.  
Mom spent the evening and Sunday morning with Kristin.  I'm sure that was a nice treat for them considering I am usually there with Caleb.  
Sunday morning, Chris and Melanie went to church with us.  We enjoyed their company and hope they felt right at home.  After church, we stuck around for a potluck lunch with our Sunday school class.  Boy, did I put a lot of brown sugar in my green beans!
After church, Jadie went off to play another round of golf, so it felt like a weekday to me.
That about wraps up the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment