Monday, July 14, 2008

You Might Find This Amusing...

Amusing for you, that is...NOT so amusing for me.

The boxer briefs did the trick during playtime this morning.  No wetting or the other.  But he also did not go on the potty either.  Until right before naptime.  He did sit down and take care of business before laying down.

Because I could detect a great deal of movement, I checked on him after about 45 minutes.  He had taken off all of his clothing and thrown it in a pile in the corner by the closet.  I encouraged him to tinkle in the potty, which he did nicely.  I proceeded to put him back in his clothes, only to find them wet.  Great.  He must have already gotten them wet before he took them off.  And of course, they would have been uncomfortable, which is why he'd taken them off in the first place.  Alright.  New clothes and back into bed.

After about 15 minutes, I heard the little guy shuffling around again.  I opened the door to his room again.  He had taken off his shorts and underwear and was proud to show off his BIG business in the potty (which I had put in his room incase he needed to get up to use it during nap time).  Great news, right?  Well, I also discovered that he had decided to water several areas in his bedroom.  Twice on the carpet and once on the rug.  Nice.  Clothes back on and back to bed!

Finally, I decided to lay on the floor beside his bed to try to get him to actually go to sleep.  After about 45 minutes of him not sleeping, he leaned over the edge of the bed and said, "Tee-tee, potty."  I told him to go do it.  So, out of bed again and shorts and underwear off again.  Amazingly he could not go.  I checked the bed.  SOAKING wet!  

I surrender!  Tomorrow it'll either be diaper all day or at least for nap time!

To recap, here's a list of all the places I got to clean urine from:
  • Pile of clothes in the corner
  • Carpet
  • Rug
  • Carpet
  • Bed
  • Potty

1 comment:

  1. Aw man! So not looking forward to that! How'd you clean it? Did it work?

    ReplyDelete