Thursday, August 28, 2008

Dad's Birthday

Our God does work in mysterious ways.  Today would be Dad's 54th birthday.  Of course, I knew that it was coming up, but I wasn't consciously thinking about it today.  
As I was driving to meet Jadie for lunch today, I opened my cell phone to call him and let him know we were getting close.  I always use the recent calls feature to retrieve and redial his number because it takes fewer keystrokes to do that than to dial the number or look it up in contacts.  Plus, it's just habit at this point.
As I got to the recent calls screen, it showed that the last person I called was "Steve Ray," the home number.  I did not call that number today.  It is possible that Caleb pushed some buttons, calling the number, but what are the chances?  I believe that regardless of how my phone ended up displaying my dad's name, God reminded me of him today.
I love you Daddy!

1 comment: