Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mom's Dated Foyer

Here's mom's dated foyer before we did much to it.  We had already pried off the trim at the top of the panelling  and pulled off some wallpaper before I remembered to get out the camera.  Isn't it lovely with the pink wallpaper and dark wood panelling?

Here's what it looked like after we peeled off the wallpaper and pried off every bit of panelling.  We also scraped off the popcorn ceiling.  What a mess!  You can't see it in this picture, but it would seem as though the wallpaper may have been original to the house because under it, were handwritten words,  'Paper' and 'Panel.'  Nice.
After Kristin and I spent some time sanding and filling in holes and scars with joint compound, we began to prime the walls in preparation for new texture.  Caleb and Granana got in on the priming.

Once the priming was done, Kristin and I did texture all of the walls and the ceiling.  That ceiling was ANNOYING, but I suppose getting to say 'good riddance' to the popcorn was worth it.  And I had to remind myself that it was worth it again on Saturday (a week after our ceiling priming and texturing) when I found a few streaks of white primer in my hair.  Most days I don't bother doing much with my hair, but Saturday I dried it and discovered the whiteness.  Nice.

Mom has a homework assignment to prime and paint the walls following the texturing job we did.  I hope she does it soon...I can't wait to see the final result!

No comments:

Post a Comment