Thursday, May 1, 2008

Nothing Big

Let's see...the last two weeks...

  • Two Sundays ago, we visited the 4th church on our quest to find a new church home. We enjoyed the Sunday school class, the worship service, and the time spent with friends (two of Jadie's friends from high shcool go there, along with their wives). We visited again this past Sunday with my mom. The worship service was much better for Jadie!  Yeah!!!  Last night, we visited the Wednesday night service, partially because we were told that it would be even more contemporary because it was geared toward the teenagers.  We were told right...Jadie loved it and I did too!  I even saw a friend  (and fellow blogger) that I haven't seen since right after Caleb was born!  Hi Kim!
  • We got our MacBook.  Jadie still needs some convincing since he's not familiar with it...and he's upset at the fact that it cost more than any other brand of laptop...but I'm still thinking it'll grow on him once he figures things out.  I'm psyched about the fact that it takes up only a fraction of the space that our desktop computer takes up.  AND I can be in the living room blogging while Caleb plays!
  • This past weekend, we held a garage sale with my mom.  We were open Friday and Saturday from 8am-2pm.  I'd say it was a success.  Mom made about $125 and we made right around $200.  Pointers for those of you thinking of doing a garage sale...here's what sold well for us.  Towels, sheets, shoes, laen equipment, home decor.  Not so much luck with selling any CDs this time.  Last year our CDs went like hotcakes.  I guess the selection this year wasn't wht people were looking for.
  • Monday evening I went to The Elite Circle Grille with my sister and her friends to celebrate my sister's birthday.  Let me tell you, their happy hour is the place to be.  I'm not sure if it's just Mondays or everyday, but appetizers were half price as were drinks (which I did not partake of).  We split 5 appetizers between 6 of us and no kidding...my total was $2.58!  Those who had a frozen margarita paid $3.50!!!  

1 comment:

  1. It was so good to see you. I hope you find what you are looking for there. We always loved it.

    ReplyDelete