Monday, May 12, 2008

Nightmare Alert!

I was tossing and turning this morning and finally woke up at 5:30a.m.  What caused all of this drama?  I had a nightmare!  Yes, it involved being a TERRIBLE parent!

So, here's the narrative for you.  Jadie, Caleb, and I were riding down the highway in the pickup truck...not sure where we were going, but it was a long trip.  For some strange reason (as is the case in most dreams), Caleb and I were riding in the bed of the truck on a mattress.  We drove up on a terrible accident involving 2 vehicles and about 7 or 8 people who had all been thrown from the vehicles.  There was some sort of chasm and two people had fallen into it.  Jadie got out of the truck to help pull the people out and generally be of help.  Caleb and I were engrossed in watching what was going on.  I was laying on the mattress closest to the accident, and Caleb was sitting up behind me.  After about 5 minutes of watching what was going on with the people in the accident, I turned around to say something to Caleb.  HE WAS GONE!!!  I woke up with my heart racing and beating myself up for not being more safe and attentive.  What a warning to always keep our eyes on our children.
Not to mention that I should probably stop riding around in the back of the pick up truck on a mattress!

No comments:

Post a Comment