Monday, May 26, 2008

Sick as a (you fill in the blank)

Seriously, this go around has been the opposite of fun.  It felt a little like what I was subjected to last month, but that was before it got out of control.  Wednesday and Thursday I had a sore throat and mild headaches.  Friday was more challenging with fever and neck aches added on.  Saturday and Sunday were outright horrible.  I literally spent those two days sleeping it off on the couch.  
I know that wasn't too detailed...let me elaborate further. On Friday, I skipped a trip to the zoo with some mom friends and also a picnic that my sister had invited me to.  After the picnic, my sis stopped by to hang out for a while and see how I was feeling.  I was beginning to drag and my throat was annoying and painful.  She decided to look at my throat with a flashlight.  Let's just say she was disgusted.  So, I called the doctor (which I hadn't planned on doing since I usually wait these things out) to try to get in.  No such luck.  But they did call in a prescription for a Z-pack (antibiotics).  Thank goodness!  Even with the antibiotics, I still felt like sleeping all day (because I was tired and because I couldn't feel the throat pain in my sleep:-))

So, needless to say I've really assisted Jadie in having a nice, fun-filled Memorial Day Weekend!

1 comment: