Friday, May 9, 2008

Morning to Myself

I don't really remember when I last had a childless morning...but yesterday I did!!!  My sweet and generous friend Melanie called me a few weeks ago with a proposal.  Why don't we start a kiddo switcheroo?  So, yesterday she kept Caleb for me for 3 hours!  I was FREE to do whatever I wanted!  In a couple of weeks, I'll keep her little one so she can experience her own version of solitude.  I know she'll love it as much as I did.
What did I do?  Well, in my normal, over-detailed fashion, I'll tell you...
8:45 am--I arrived at Books-A-Million ready for a cup of coffee and some time to do my BSF (bible study) for the day.  They didn't open for another 15 minutes.  I drove over to Panera instead.
8:50 am--I ordered a spinach and bacon souffle and a water.  I enjoyed some time alone studying the Word.
9:45 am--I ventured over to Marshall's looking for one last Mother's Day gift, and perhaps a shirt to go with a skirt a bought 2 weeks ago.  No luck.
10:15 am--On to Pier One...quick exit as I was just browsing the Clearance.
10:20 am--I checked out Children's Place to see if I could find a few t-shirts for Caleb.  It seems that most of his current clothes are long sleeved.  I didn't see anything I couldn't live without.
10:30 am--Next stop, Old Navy.  They had lots of shirts to match the skirt I mentioned before, but none that sat right on me.
10:45 am--I drove over to Kohl's to wrap things up.  I accomplished all of my goals in one place!  I found a shirt to match my skirt, a candle for the Mother's Day gift, and 2 t-shirts I thought were cute for Caleb.  And I threw in another candle to fill our home with fragrance.  On top of my finds, I had a coupon for 15% off of my entire purchase.
11:30 am--Pick up Caleb (and visit with Melanie!) time.  I really enjoyed my time yesterday and I can't wait to return the favor!  Thanks Melanie!!!

1 comment:

  1. YEA!! And a thank YOU, Lauren for agreeing to this!!!

    ReplyDelete