Monday, May 19, 2008

Weekend Happenings

We had our last MOPS meeting on Thursday.  Fun, but bittersweet day!  After a lunch visit with Bonnie and Desiree (welcome back!), Caleb and I headed out to Keller to spend a few days with my mom.  
Mom and I had a great time cleaning out some of her old clothes!  I got to see her prom dress, her going away outfit from her wedding, and (no kidding!) an outfit that looked like something a clown would wear (except that the material was modest).  She had a lot of vests too!  We burned a lot of calories laughing!  
We enjoyed another laugh session when mom busted out the family photos from the 80's.  None of us were looking our best.  I kept teasing mom for dressing me in such nerdy clothes.  The truth of it is...all of my friends looked just as nerdy!!!  Family vacation pics were also pretty fun to see.  It's amazing how pictures can just flood back memories of the way things used to be.
Caleb and I returned to Waco Saturday afternoon in time to grab some Whataburger and head over to Jadie's mom's to help her put up some pegboards for a crafting space in her home.  
On to Sunday, Jadie's birthday!!!  We went to church and then to lunch at Rosati's with some friends.  After lunch, Jadie set up a tee time and I rode along with him while he golfed his 3rd(!) game of the weekend.  Jadie's mom kept Caleb for us (thank you).  
I baked Jadie's favorite cake today (a day late for his birthday)...it didn't have any poof to it...it's so rich and brownie-like (but with icing too).  I can only tolerate the cake part...no icing for me.

Last thing...update on Caleb's speech development.  So far, his name has evolved from Blah-blah to Be-bob to Hey-bub to (now) Ca-bub.  We're getting close.  We just need to work on those L's.

1 comment:

  1. LOVVVED the cake!!! Yummy!!!! Chris wolfed down his half, too!!!

    ReplyDelete