Friday, July 10, 2009

Caleb Will Hate Me Someday

Hilarious story...and evidence that nothing is off limits when it comes to sharing a good story.

I usually take my shower while Caleb plays in our bedroom.  I have not had any serious trouble with this arrangement yet.  

Yesterday, when I got out of the shower, Caleb was not in our bedroom, but I could see him in his bedroom, standing at the door, with the door mostly closed (as if hiding behind it).  I asked him what he was doing and then prodded him to come talk to me.  By this time I knew he thought he had done something wrong, which was why he wasn't coming to talk to me.

He reluctantly walked to me, still acting suspicious, holding something behind his back.  I held out my hand and he placed Jadie's silver ring in the palm of my hand.  I sighed and said, "Caleb, this is not big deal.  Just go put it back on the night stand where you got it."  He seemed pleased not to be in trouble and cheerfully announced, "This ring is silly on my penis!"  

Yes, he said penis.  Yes, he was wearing clothes.  Apparently, boys just think about these things...gee, I wonder if...

1 comment:

  1. I love that no one has commented on this. they are probably all shocked that they just read this.

    ReplyDelete